Out of the Shadows
The Witching Pen Series Prequel #6
by Dianna Hardy
Published: August 27, 2026
Publisher: Satin Smoke Press
Genre: British & Irish Horror, Dark Fantasy, Fiction, Great Britain Horror, Horror
Blurb:
It's
1985, and eighteen-year-old Katherine Green, twelfth-generation witch
of her maternal family line, is a loose cannon. Grieving the death of
her mother and estranged from her father – also leader of 'The
Council' to which all witches are bound – she finds herself turning
to a dangerous source for comfort: an incubus. Not just any incubus,
but the king of the Shanka demon world, Darius.
Seductive
and relentless, Darius feeds on Katherine's rebellion like a vampire
feeds on blood, with predictable and devastating consequences.
The
only person with any hope of reaching her is Gwain, a fallen angel
appointed to guard her by her father. But even he is struggling to
make her see sense ... until an unexpected healing ray of light
appears, demanding her courage, and changing the course of
Katherine's future forever.
This
supernatural dark fiction / horror novel explores Katherine's
relationship with her father, with Gwain, and with the darkness
inside her, also adding new depth to the events leading up to Elena's
birth. It contains themes of an adult nature, including sexual themes
that may be triggering for some. It is probably best read after the
four main books of The Witching Pen Series so the nuances of the
relationships are understood better.
My Review:
What an addictive read! Out of the Shadows is a fantastic new addition to The Witching Pen Series by Dianna Hardy. I was beyond ecstatic to get the pleasure of revisiting this magical world. I truly loved diving deeper into Elena’s universe and learning about her ancestors—this story proved to be just as bewitching as the rest of the series!
I have been hooked on The Witching Pen universe since the very first page of book one. Each book stands on its own in a completely spellbinding way. Dianna’s books are easily some of the absolute best paranormal novels I have ever read. In fact, I find myself comparing every urban fantasy book I pick up to her work, and honestly? Nothing else compares. I am always on the lookout for her next release, whether it features witches, werewolves, or shapeshifters.
This installment introduces us to Katherine. Operating as an unpredictable loose cannon, she is completely estranged from her father, the powerful leader of the witch-governing Council. In the ultimate act of rebellion against his strict laws and expectations, she summons Darius, the seductive king of the Shanka demon world. Darius relentlessly preys on her volatile state, feeding on her rebellion like a vampire feeds on blood. He offers a toxic sense of validation and dark comfort that fuels her self-destructive path.
I can’t wait to read whatever Dianna writes next. I highly recommend Out of the Shadows—and every single one of Dianna’s books—to all fans of witches, demons, angels, succubi, and werewolves. Why not grab a copy of each today?











.png)














0 comments:
Post a Comment