Labels

Thursday, August 20, 2026

Review: Means and Motive by Andrew Oliver

Means and Motive

by Andrew Oliver

Published: May 3, 2026

Genre: Police Procedural, Murder

 

Blurb:


In the middle of a fierce snowstorm, a small-town police chief has just stumbled upon a dead man. The body is warm, and the suspect is still nearby.

A murder in the western Maine foothills sends the police chief searching high and low for the perpetrator. Can he solve the case with the state Major Crimes Unit breathing down his neck? Will the fearsome weather block the investigation before it reaches fruition? And will any of this distract the chief from his broken heart?

Means and Motive will take you on a fast-paced journey through western Maine at its most dangerous time of year, the dead of winter. Ride along with police chief Jack Durant as he follows clues, suspects, and his heart on a pulse-pounding, non-stop race to find the truth.

Means and Motive has already been featured in Maine media:

  • Lewiston Sun-Journal

  • Franklin Journal

Goodreads ~ Amazon


My Review:

Means and Motive by Andrew Oliver starts at a fast pace that never lets up right until the end. I was hooked from the very beginning when Chief Jack Durant stumbles upon a dead body during a brutal snowstorm in the foothills of western Maine.
There are a few suspects for Chief Durant to question, all of whom have their own reasons for wanting to harm the victim. I tried my best to help Jack solve the case and even pegged my own suspect early on. The more I read, the more interesting the story became, and I hung onto every word as the secrets slowly unfolded.
This novel is a fantastic debut for Andrew Oliver. The descriptions are so well-written that I could easily visualize the setting, making me feel like a participant in the story. I would love to read more mysteries featuring Chief Jack Durant.
I enjoyed Means and Motive tremendously and highly recommend it to all fans of murder mysteries. Grab your copy today!

Connect with Andrew Oliver

0 comments: