Blurb:
Jane Lakewood steals into the supposedly abandoned Ridgeford Hall and unexpectedly meets Conrad, an intriguing but secretive young man. They part ways with a promise to reunite, but Conrad fails to keep their rendezvous.
Six years later, delighted to see Ridgeford restored to its former grandeur, Jane immerses herself in parties and socializing while simultaneously grappling with a momentous decision. Unwanted advice only complicates matters.
At a grand ball, Conrad abruptly waltzes back into Jane's life and reveals the truth about those lost years. As they share old memories and new adventures, their friendship deepens, becoming something sweeter that Jane can't quite define.
But their relationship sparks rumors, and dire consequences force Jane to finally decide what she truly wants.
Purchase on ROMANCE AT RIDGEFORD HALL on Amazon on July 8, 2026
Excerpt:
Swirling snowflakes obscured the wooden sign up ahead, but no matter. Jane had been here enough times to know what it said. On all those other days she’d turned around after staring curiously up the winding path. But not today. This was her last chance.
She strode up the hill, leaving powdery tracks in her wake. When Jane reached the faded sign she brushed the snow off with her mitten.
“No trespassing. Trespassers will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.”
The words gave her a slight pause, but if it was true that Ridgeford Hall had stood uninhabited all these years, who was to know she’d been here?
She lifted her skirt above her ankles and scrambled over the stone wall. A deep silence pervaded the forest, broken only by the sound of Jane’s breathing and her boots crunching through the snow. Every time she rounded a corner she was filled with anticipation, only to be disappointed. There was no sign of the house. After a time she began to wonder if there truly was a house or if it was only a rumor.
Just when she was considering turning around, the hill steepened. Up ahead the trees thinned, revealing a wide clearing open to the sky. This was it. She felt it in her bones. Jane took the last steps at a run and came to an abrupt halt when she reached the top.
My Review:
When Jane visited Ridgeford Hall and encountered Connor, I couldn't shake the thought that he might be a ghost. I found myself wondering if he would still be there when she returned the following day. I held onto the hope that Jane would bring her cousin, Bella, along for a visit to Ridgeford Hall, and perhaps Connor would either not show up or would refrain from appearing in front of Bella, confirming that he was indeed a ghost after all.
As the time approached for Jane to head home, she and Connor made plans to meet at Ridgeford Hall the following June. Jane was thrilled about her next trip to Ridgeford Hall, but to my surprise, Connor was absent. At that moment, I began to believe he truly was a ghost.
However, it turned out that he was not. Six years later, Jane returned to visit Bella. Ridgeford Hall had undergone renovations. During their visit, they attended a ball at Ridgeford Hall, and to my delight, Connor was present. I was overjoyed to finally discover that he was real and not just a ghost or a figment of Jane’s imagination.
Romance At Ridgeford Hall was a beautifully crafted tale that kept me captivated as I followed the blossoming relationship between Jane and Connor. They appeared to be perfectly matched. I was on the edge of my seat, eager to find out if Jane and Connor would ever become a couple. Would they build a life together at Ridgeford Hall?
I have read every book by Kate Ellington and have thoroughly enjoyed each one. I hope I’m never put in the position of having to choose a favorite because I don’t think I could decide. I adore the stories and characters in every book and eagerly anticipate reading more of her works.
Each book is distinct in its own right. Every character contributes something unique to their narrative. Each story is filled with warmth and leaves you with a cozy feeling.
I wholeheartedly recommend Romance At Ridgeford Hall to all fans of historical romance! Be sure to grab a copy today!
About the Author:
Kate Ellington grew up in a woodsy New England town where summer days at the lake seemed to last forever. She read her first historical romance at age eleven when a teacher challenged her to find a book in the library written by an author she’d never heard of. Thus began a life-long love of love stories.
After graduating from college with an art degree she settled in the Pacific Northwest, where she currently resides with her family.
Connect with Kate Ellington
Giveaway:
$20 Amazon GC














.png)










1 comments:
Thank you for hosting!
Post a Comment